Before you create a new record for an individual, it’s important you check that they don’t have an existing record.
Creating a new record for an individual that already has a record will result in a duplicate record.
To create a new record:
- select Identify Individual from the left hand menu
- enter the individual’s full name and date of birth
- then select Record Encounter
- select whether the individual is indigenous or non-indigenous
- enter the individual’s gender
- then their address and select Next.
You’ll need to record an encounter to continue to create a new record.
- Select who performed the encounter from the drop down menu:
- I performed this encounter if you gave the vaccine/s to the individual
- Another provider performed this encounter in Australia if someone else gave the vaccine/s to the individual
- This encounter was performed overseas if the vaccination was given overseas.
- enter the date of service
- then enter the vaccine/brand, batch number and serial number. Some vaccines, including Astra Zeneca and Pfizer, have a lot number instead of a batch number. Enter the lot number when there is no batch number. If you don’t know the batch or serial number, enter ‘notrecorded’ (no spaces).
- select add then Submit.
Note: fields marked with an asterisk indicate that they are mandatory information.
A message will display to let you know you successfully recorded the encounter.