Changes to study

There may be penalties if your child had changes to their study.

If we paid the allowance but your child didn’t end up studying, you may need to repay the money. We’ll ask for it back from either:

  • the school, if we paid the allowance to the school
  • you, if we paid the allowance to you.

If your child started studying and then stopped, you don’t need to pay us back.

If your child changed schools within the same year, we won’t pay the allowance for the new school. Some education departments let schools transfer unused School Fees Allowance. This is a voluntary agreement between the schools and you’ll need to discuss this with the school.

Page last updated: 10 December 2021