Change of circumstances

You need to tell us if your circumstances change when you get ABSTUDY School Fees Allowance at home rate.

What to tell us

You need to tell us if any of the following things happen:

You need to tell us about a change in your circumstances within 14 days. If you don’t, we may pay you too much. This means you’ll have debt you need to pay back.

How to tell us

For changes to your circumstances you can tell us by calling the ABSTUDY line.

Changing or correcting your name

It’s important to tell us if you change your legal name.

To change or correct your legal name, we’ll need:

  • an original document issued by a state or territory Births, Deaths and Marriages registry
  • your consent to verify the document.

You need to bring your document to a service centre so we can update our records.

Page last updated: 26 May 2022