What to tell us
You need to tell us if any of the following things happen:
- you change or correct your name
- your personal and contact details change
- your bank details change
- you leave the country, temporarily or to live somewhere else
- your child changes school or lives with someone else.
You need to tell us about a change in your circumstances within 14 days. If you don’t, we may pay you too much. This means you’ll have debt you need to pay back.
How to tell us
For changes to your circumstances you can tell us by calling the ABSTUDY line.
It’s important to tell us if you change your legal name.
To change or correct your legal name, we’ll need:
- an original document issued by a state or territory Births, Deaths and Marriages registry
- your consent to verify the document.
You need to bring your document to a service centre so we can update our records.