We’re looking for people who:
- are keen to learn
- want to make a positive difference in the lives of Australians
- want to start their career in the Australian Public Service (APS).
We want people who can deliver simple, helpful, respectful and transparent experiences for Australians. We’re looking for people who see things differently, have unique talents and are great at solving problems.
To be eligible, you must:
- be 18 or older
- have a diagnosis of autism, including Autism spectrum disorder, Asperger’s syndrome, Autistic disorder, or Pervasive Development Disorder-Not Otherwise Specified (PDDNOS)
- be an Australian citizen
- be able to attend an assessment phase virtually or in person
- be able to pass an Australian Government Security Clearance.
Skills you should have
To be considered for these roles, you’ll need to be able to:
- work in a fast-paced Agile team environment
- think critically and have solid problem-solving skills
- work on tasks autonomously and seek assistance when required
- analyse business requirements and design documentation
- interact with client and project stakeholders, including team leads.
You also need to have all of the following:
- effective time-management skills
- effective communication skills
- attention to detail
- a positive attitude towards learning new technologies and products
- a background in information communication technology, either professionally or academically.
Skills you may need
You may need the following skills to apply for certain roles. These aren’t essential for you to be eligible for the program.
Tertiary qualifications in Computer Science, Project Management, Data or Business Analytics or relevant fields could be helpful for the role you apply for.
For roles in Project Management, Data or Business Analytics, it could be useful to understand one or more of the following:
- Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK)
- Excel/CSV Extraction
- Access Database
- Microsoft Office Suite.
For ICT roles, it could be helpful to have programming knowledge in one or more of the following languages:
- Java script
- Powershell, or bash
- HTML, APIs.
Understanding of technology platforms
You may need to understand or be able to learn how to use one or more of the following technology platforms:
- Unix, Linux, Windows or zOS
- Websphere, MessageQueue, IIS, HIS, Message broker, IIB or webmethods
- DB2, MongoDB, PostgresSQL or OracleDB
- Kafka or Rabbitmq
- Cloud, hybrid cloud and On-Prem cloud compute
- Docker, kubernetes, Openshift or Openstack
- LAN, WAN and wireless networking and gateway technologies or SDN
- storage and big data platforms
- Nginx, Nodejs, Angular, HAProxy, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, .Net or similar technologies
- SAP HANA administrators, SAP BASIS administration, SAP SOLMAN administrations or SAP JAVA administrators.
If you have any questions about who we’re looking for, please email Specialisterne.