Data analytics stream in the National Graduate Program
If you have a degree and want a career in data analytics, we want you.
The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) is recruiting data analytics graduates for 2022 graduate programs, on behalf of some APS agencies.
If you want to work for us in our data analytics stream, you can:
- apply through the ABS process
- apply to our data analytics stream through our own recruitment process.
If you have any of the below degrees, you can also apply to our generalist stream, through our own recruitment process.
If successful, we’ll offer you your preferred stream. Once you start, you can't change streams.
Read about how to apply.
Type of degree
We’re looking for graduates with data analytics and related degrees:
- actuarial studies
- business analysis
- business and finance
We’re also looking for graduates with any of these degrees:
- data administration
- data mining
- data science and analytics
- visual analytics.
Range of work
In the data analytics stream, you may work on a range of projects and tasks like:
- data analysis, research and trend reporting
- information and data management
- fraud and compliance investigation
- data analysis relevant to service delivery and policy
- machine learning methodologies
- data manipulation and cleansing.
You may also get to:
- develop and evaluate models
- design reports and interactive visualisations
- work with domain and data experts in an agile project environment
- produce reports and make recommendations based on analysis.
Page last updated: 31 March 2021
This information was printed 20 September 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/organisations/about-us/careers/employment-options/national-graduate-program/how-national-graduate-program-works/data-analytics-discipline-national-graduate-program-professional-pathway. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.