on this page
We’ve aligned the strategy with our Corporate Plan. It shows our commitments in 6 key areas of the Australian Government’s Multicultural Access and Equity Policy, which are:
It’s important for us to understand our customers so we can make it easier for them to interact with us. We aim to provide high quality services each and every day.
To meet our commitments we:
- have 70 Multicultural Service Officers
- operate a national multilingual phone service in 33 languages
- have translated information available in 69 languages
- have 65 service centres with sessional interpreters
- have 535 bilingual staff
- offer multicultural awareness training to all staff
- do community engagement through Multicultural Advisory Forums and the National Multicultural Advisory Group.
We also have more than 2,100 interpreters who:
- provide services in over 230 languages
- went to over 250,000 appointments in 2018-19.
Read about the actions we’ll take to meet our commitments in the:
Read the Multicultural Access and Equity Policy on the Department of Home Affairs website.