on this page
- Medicare Benefits Schedule statistics
- Pharmaceutical Benefits Schedule statistics
- Australian Immunisation Register statistics
- Australian Organ Donor Register statistics
- Practice Incentives Programme statistics
- Division of General Practice statistics
- Annual reports
- Accessing statistics that are not available on this website
You can get instant access to a range of statistical information about Medicare programs administered by us. This includes Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS), Pharmaceutical Benefits Schedule (PBS), Repatriation Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (RPBS), Australian Organ Donor Register (AODR), Practice Incentives Programme (PIP), and Australian Immunisation Register (AIR).
Using this service you can:
- customise both the content and the format of their reports
- use a charting facility to explore trends in data
- download data into a spreadsheet for further analyses.
Our reports do not include services provided to public patients in public hospitals or those that qualify for a benefit under the Department of Veterans’ Affairs National Treatment Account.
We provide health related statistics to promote the effective use of information within the health sector. Our statistics can assist health professionals, researchers and journalists as well as the general public.
Medicare Benefits Schedule statistics
You can access data on the items and groups in the Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS). These can be viewed by patient gender and age group. Services and Benefits can be reported as count, percentage or per capita statistics. Individual MBS item statistics can be displayed as charts.
Medicare Benefits Schedule by federal electorates – historical data 2009 to 2011
- Medicare Benefits Scheme Bulk Billing Net Statistics 1 July 2010 - 30 June 2011
- Medicare Benefits Scheme Bulk Billing statistics - 1 July 2009—30 June 2010
- Medicare Benefits Scheme Safety Net Statistics 2010
- Medicare Benefits Scheme Safety Net statistics 2009
Pharmaceutical Benefits Schedule statistics
You can access data from both the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) and the Repatriation Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (RPBS). The statistics are based on the items and ATC groups.
Australian Immunisation Register statistics
We provide a range of reports about AIR. Additional immunisation coverage data is available on the Department of Health and Aged Care website.
Australian Organ Donor Register statistics
We have reports on the number of people who have registered their decision in regards to organ and tissue donation on the Australian Organ Donor Register by age, group, state and gender.
View AODR statistics.
Practice Incentives Programme statistics
You can access a range of PIP and Service Incentive Payment (SIP) statistics.
Division of General Practice statistics
These reports produce Medicare, PBS or PIP statistics for a specified geographical area.
These reports contain financial year statistics for Medicare, Pharmaceutical and Repatriation Benefits Scheme, Australian Government Childcare Rebate and Australian Immunisation Register.
View current and previous annual reports.
Accessing statistics that are not available on this website
You can request further statistical data by contacting us.
Read about requesting statistics and data that is not publicly available.
Authorised vaccination providers can access detailed reports via the secure area.
Data about registrations on the Australian Organ Donor Register.
These statistics include data from both the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) and the Repatriation Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (RPBS).