What Work Assist is
Work Assist was previously the Job in Jeopardy program. It can help if you're at risk of losing your job due to any of the following:
Work Assist is free. You can access it by registering with a Disability Employment Services (DES) provider. You don’t need to be getting a payment from us to access the service.
It can help to:
- redesign your job so you can keep working
- change your workplace so you can continue to work
- get specialised equipment to help you do your job.
Who can get it
You may be eligible for Work Assist if all of the following apply. You:
- have worked an average of at least 8 hours a week over the last 13 weeks
- are at risk of losing your job because of your illness, injury or disability
- aren’t already getting assistance from a DES provider.
You can contact a DES provider for help with Work Assist. Go to the JobAccess website to find your local provider.