What you need to do if you get a payment

To keep getting COVID-19 Disaster Payment, you need to tell us about any changes to your circumstances.

This includes if you want to cancel your COVID-19 Disaster Payment.

You’ll need to let us know if there are changes to any of the following:

  • your employment such as your employer
  • your bank account details
  • your residence status
  • where you live or work
  • if you are no longer subject to a second public health order as a result of being present in a COVID-19 hotspot.

You’ll also need to let us know if you start getting any of the following:

  • Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment
  • any state based pandemic payment
  • employer funded pandemic-related leave entitlements
  • an income support payment, Dad and Partner Pay, Parental Leave Pay or ABSTUDY Living Allowance for any days in the same claiming period as the COVID-19 Disaster Payment.

If you claimed online through myGov

Let us know about changes to your circumstances by completing the update your circumstances task in your Centrelink online account.

If you would like to stop automatic payments, you can also do this by completing the task.

Follow these steps:

  1. Sign in to myGov and select Centrelink.
  2. Select Start task on the COVID-19 Disaster Payment - update your circumstances task.
  3. Follow the prompts to answer the questions.
  4. Review and submit your update.

When you’re ready:

Sign in to myGov

If you claimed over the phone

You can call us on the Emergency information line to tell us about any changes to your circumstances.

Page last updated: 10 December 2021