What you need to do after claiming the Tertiary Access Payment

14 March 2023

Make sure you’ve done these things to avoid your Tertiary Access Payment being delayed or rejected.

You may need to give us extra information after you claim the Tertiary Access Payment.

Your proof of enrolment

We may ask you to confirm your study details before we finalise your claim.

You’ll need to provide us with a current, dated proof of enrolment document from your education provider confirming you’re still studying.

If we need this, we’ll send a letter to your myGov inbox about 6 weeks after your course starts.

Your new address

We need to know the address you’ll be living at while studying so we can pay you. You can update this online through your Centrelink account linked to myGov.

If you don’t do this, your payment may be delayed or your claim may be rejected.

Learn more about what you need to do after you claim.

Subscribe to news

If you haven't already, please subscribe to our News and we'll send you regular news highlights. You can also opt out at any time. Read more about our email news privacy policy.

Life events

RSS News feed

Our RSS service alerts you to updates to this page. You can connect to our RSS feeds with your favourite RSS reader.

News for Education RSS feed

Page last updated: 14 March 2023.