What to do if you’ve started paying full fees for child care

30 January 2023

If you’ve been getting Child Care Subsidy (CCS) but started paying full fees, there are details you can check.

There are things you need to do to keep getting Child Chare Subsidy (CCS). If you haven’t done these, your CCS may have stopped, which means you’ll start paying full fees.

Check you’ve confirmed your family’s income within the time limit. When you get CCS you must confirm your family’s income after the end of each financial year. If you haven’t lodged a tax return, or let us know you don’t need to we may stop your CCS.

Check your activity level for both yourself and your partner, if you have one. Make sure it’s recorded correctly.

You can check both of these online using your Centrelink online account through myGov.

Subscribe to news

If you haven't already, please subscribe to our News and we'll send you regular news highlights. You can also opt out at any time. Read more about our email news privacy policy.

Life events

RSS News feed

Our RSS service alerts you to updates to this page. You can connect to our RSS feeds with your favourite RSS reader.

News for Raising kids RSS feed

Page last updated: 30 January 2023.