What to do if you have a Child Care Subsidy debt for 2018-19

6 August 2021

Confirm your family’s income for 2018-19 so we can reassess your Child Care Subsidy (CCS) debt.

If you haven’t confirmed your family income for 2018-19, we’ll have sent you an Account Payable Notice which shows how much you owe.

This means we’ve also cancelled your CCS. If you got Additional Child Care Subsidy, this will also have been cancelled.

Even though the deadline has passed, it’s not too late for you to take action.

You should confirm your income now by either:

  • using your Centrelink online account through myGov
  • lodging your income tax return with the Australian Taxation Office (ATO).

We’ll reassess your debt. This could mean the amount you owe is less, or you don’t even have a debt.

However, once you confirm your income, we’ll balance your payments. It’s important to know that confirming your 2018-19 income now means we won’t pay you any top ups or arrears for 2018-19.

If you have an outstanding debt, you’ll need to pay back any money you owe, or set up a payment arrangement. You’ll then be able to claim CCS again.

We’re pausing some debt raising and recovery for some people who:

  • Iive in a locked down Local Government Area
  • live in an area impacted by a natural disaster.

If you’re impacted by one of these, you won’t need to repay your debt back right away.

Read about how debt repayments have been paused during lockdown.

Next steps

Read more about how to confirm your income.

If you confirm your income and still owe us money, you can read more about repaying the money you owe.

If you separated during the 2018-19 financial year, call the Families line. We may be able to balance your CCS based on an estimate of your ex-partner's income.

Subscribe to news

RSS News feed

Our RSS service alerts you to updates to this page. You can connect to our RSS feeds with your favourite RSS reader.

News for Raising kids RSS feed

Page last updated: 10 December 2021