What other help is available

You may be able to get a payment from us or the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA).

You can see if you’re eligible for one of the following income support payments:

If you’re a veteran, you can see if you’re eligible for the following DVA payments. You can find out more about these payments on the DVA website:

If you are experiencing severe financial hardship you may be eligible for a payment under the asset hardship provisions. If you receive an Age Pension, Carer Payment or Disability Support Pension you may qualify for the Home Equity Access Scheme.

Page last updated: 1 January 2022