We’ll pay it into the same bank account as we pay your eligible income support payment.
We’ll send a letter to let you know we’ve made the payment.
You only get one payment even if you have both an eligible payment and concession card.
To get the $250 one-off payment, you must be a Centrelink or Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) customer. You were living in Australia on 29 March and either:
- getting an eligible payment
- have an eligible concession card.
Read more about the Cost of Living Payment and who can get it.
The eligible Centrelink payments and concession cards are all of these:
- ABSTUDY Living Allowance
- Age Pension
- Carer Payment
- Carer Allowance, but only if you’re not getting another income support payment
- Disability Support Pension
- Double Orphan Pension
- Farm Household Allowance
- JobSeeker Payment
- Parenting Payment
- Special Benefit
- Youth Allowance for students and Australian Apprentices
- Youth Allowance for job seekers
- Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
- Pensioner Concession Card.
If you’re a DVA customer, they’ll pay you the $250 one-off payment if you’re either:
- getting an eligible Veterans’ Affairs payment
- have a DVA Gold Card.
Read more about the cost of living support for veterans and families on the DVA website.
Subscribe to news
RSS News feed
Our RSS service alerts you to updates to this page. You can connect to our RSS feeds with your favourite RSS reader.