Travel outside Australia

There are rules about when you can get Parental Leave Pay when you travel outside Australia.

If you leave Australia to live in another country, your payment will stop when you depart.

If your travel is short term, you may continue to get your payment. But you must remain qualified and your absence must not exceed 56 weeks.

Page last updated: 13 January 2022