You should use these items when you admit your patient into a private or public hospital and you’re either:
- in a COVID-19 hotspot declared area
- directed to isolate
- directed to quarantine.
The item numbers:
- started on 15 September 2021
- are available until 31 December 2021
- are for telehealth attendances.
These services are eligible for a rebate of 85% of the MBS schedule fee.
Patients are also eligible for Medicare Safety Net benefits. However private health insurance benefits aren’t payable for these attendances.
These changes help patients continue to access essential Medicare rebates for consultations.
More information is available at MBS Online
Read more about these item numbers:
- Changes to MBS items during the coronavirus (COVID-19) response
- Read more news for News for health professionals.
Subscribe to news
RSS News feed
Our RSS service alerts you to updates to this page. You can connect to our RSS feeds with your favourite RSS reader.