Telling us about a change of circumstances

You need to tell us if your circumstances change when you get Parental Leave Pay.

What to tell us

You need to tell us if any of the following things change:

You need to tell us about a change in your circumstances straight away. For some changes, if you don’t, we may pay you too much. This means you’ll have a debt you need to pay back.

How to tell us

If we’ve assessed your Parental Leave Pay claim, you can tell us about most changes online. Sign in to your Centrelink online account through myGov, then select Parental Leave Pay Circumstances.

If we haven't assessed your claim yet, call the Families line.

Changing or correcting your name

It’s important to tell us if you change your legal name.

To change or correct your legal name, we’ll need:

  • an original document issued by a state or territory Births, Deaths and Marriages registry
  • your consent to verify the document.

You need to bring your document to a service centre so we can update our records.

Page last updated: 3 November 2022.