People returning from Israel or the Occupied Palestinian Territories can apply for payments and support

Published: 20 October 2023

If you're an Australian citizen or permanent resident fleeing the conflict in Israel or the Occupied Palestinian Territories, we can help when you return to Australia.

If you need support, you can apply for payments and services from us.

If you need help with health care, you may also be eligible for Medicare.

You can claim payments and services if you meet the eligibility rules. This includes rules about residence.

To see the payments and services you may be eligible for, read more about support for Australians returning from conflict.

Subscribe to news

If you haven't already, please subscribe to our News and we'll send you regular news highlights. You can also opt out at any time. Read more about our email news privacy policy.

Life events

RSS News feed

Our RSS service alerts you to updates to this page. You can connect to our RSS feeds with your favourite RSS reader.

News for Living arrangements RSS feed

Page last updated: 20 October 2023.
QC 65386