Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment is a lump sum payment to help you during the time you can’t work and earn income because you have to:
- self-isolate or quarantine due to COVID-19
- you’re caring for someone who has to self-isolate or quarantine due to COVID-19.
You have to self-isolate or quarantine for one of the following reasons:
- you have coronavirus (COVID-19)
- you’re a close contact of a person who has COVID-19
- a child you care for who is 16 years or under, is a close contact of a person who has COVID-19
- you’re caring for someone who has COVID-19
- you’re caring for someone with disability or a severe medical condition who must self-isolate or quarantine because they’re a close contact of a person with COVID-19.
You’re a close contact if you either:
- usually live with the person who has tested positive with COVID-19
- have stayed in the same household for more than 4 hours with the person who has tested positive with COVID-19 during their infectious period.
An infectious period is up to 14 days before a person experiences symptoms of COVID-19.
You must also meet both of the following requirements to be eligible:
- you’ve lost at least 8 hours or a full day’s work
- you have liquid assets of less than $10,000 on the first day of the period you’re claiming for.
Liquid assets are any funds readily available to you in cash or savings, or assets that can easily be changed into cash. For example, money loaned to other people.
If you need ongoing financial help, check to see what other payments you may be eligible to get by using our Payment and Service Finder.
Read more about who can get it.
Who can get it
You need to meet eligibility requirements to get the Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment.
Who can’t get it
Not everyone who is self-isolating or in quarantine can get the Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment.
How much you can get
If you’re eligible we’ll pay you for each period you’ve been told to self-isolate or quarantine, or are caring for someone who has COVID-19.
How to claim
Claim the Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment using your Centrelink online account through myGov.