About the Run off Cover Indemnity Scheme
This information will assist you to fill out a Medical Indemnity payment application form under the Run off Cover Indemnity Scheme (ROCS).
The Medical Indemnity payment application form is used to apply for payments made under the Run off Cover Indemnity Scheme (ROCS)
The Australian Government introduced ROCS legislation on 1 July 2004.
The legislation was developed following recommendations by the Medical Indemnity Policy Review Panel. The panel’s concern was that medical practitioners wouldn’t be able to pay for run off cover when they no longer earned an income from medical practice.
The Scheme ensures eligible medical practitioners have Medical Indemnity cover that is:
- based on the medical indemnity insurance they last held.
The following legislation applies to ROCS:
- Acts Interpretation Act 1901
- Medical Indemnity Act 2002
- Medical Indemnity Regulations 2003
- Medical Indemnity (Prudential Supervision and Product Standards) Act 2003
- Medical Indemnity (Prudential Supervision and Product Standards) Regulations 2003
- Medical Indemnity (Terms and Conditions) Determination 2004
- Medical Indemnity (Run-off Cover Claims and Administration) Protocol 2006 (No. 2).
Finding out more
Page last updated: 24 October 2019
This information was printed 26 May 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/organisations/health-professionals/services/medicare/run-cover-indemnity-scheme/you-need-know/about-run-cover-indemnity-scheme. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.