Bulk bill claims
Medicare Easyclaim and bulk bill claims.
There are 5 steps to submit bulk bill claims:
- the patient's Medicare card is swiped through your EFTPOS terminal, or their details are stored in the integrated practice management software
- claim details are entered via the keypad or using the details stored in the integrated practice management software. Short-cut keys can be used for provider IDs and common item numbers
- the claim is sent to us for verification and an approval message is sent back to the terminal within seconds
- the patient then presses a button on the keypad to assign their Medicare benefit to you. The EFTPOS terminal will then print a patient receipt
- you receive a single payment into your nominated bank account in 2 to 3 working days. There is no need to batch or store claims
Page last updated: 22 February 2019
This information was printed 26 May 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/organisations/health-professionals/services/medicare/medicare-easyclaim/about/bulk-bill-claims. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.