You can access a variety of services, payments and programs using HPOS.
HPOS gives providers and their delegates access to information relevant to their patients and organisations.
Services, payments and programs
Services, payments and programs available in HPOS:
- Australian Immunisation Register (AIR)
- Centrelink Forms
- Child Dental Benefits Schedule
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- My Health Record System
- Healthcare Identifiers Service
- Health Care Homes (HCH)
- Midwife Professional Indemnity Scheme (MPIS)
- Pathology Registration
- PBS Authorities
- PBS and RPBS stationery
- Practice Incentives Program (PIP)
- Prescription Shopping Information Program
- TGA recall and hazard alerts.
Other things you can do using HPOS
Access online claiming, including:
- Medicare Patient Claim Webclaim
- Medicare Bulk Bill Webclaim
- DVA Webclaim.
View these reports:
- Medicare Bulk Bill reports
- DVA Webclaim reports
- DVA Patient Treatment reports
- Prescription Shopping Patient Summary reports.
Manage your details, including:
- administer delegates
- update or add your banking and personal details
- view details about your provider number and create a new provider location
- access track and scale information.
Access patient information:
- find a patient and check Medicare numbers
- concessional entitlement verification
- view patient care plan history.
Communicate with us:
- message us
- view statements and subscriptions
- upload documents
- upload selected forms.
Access useful MBS and PBS functions:
- MBS items online checker
- MBS partial payment calculator
- MBS Online
- PBS Schedule.
Request and manage these PKI certificates:
- NASH PKI certificates for Healthcare Identifiers Service network organisations
- PKI certificates for the Healthcare Identifiers Service.
A guide to using HPOS to generate bulk bill processing and payment reports for Medicare Easyclaim.
A guide to using HPOS to view Patient Treatment Reports and Provider Summary Reports for the DVA Coordinated Veterans' Care (CVC) program.
How to use HPOS to link or revoke National Authentication Service for Health (NASH) and PKI certificates
Create and update record for staff who manage HI Service functions.
Information about how to apply for exemptions to the limit on multiple patient verification uploads
A guide to help health professionals submit forms in Health Professional Online Services (HPOS) using the form upload function.
Request a new authority using the online Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) Authorities system on Health Professional Online Services (HPOS).
View, amend or cancel an existing authority using the PBS Authorities system on Health Professional Online Services (HPOS).
A guide to help health professionals submit Medicare patient claims electronically for real time assessment through HPOS.
Learn how to use the Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) items online checker in HPOS to confirm patient and claim eligibility.
You can view your patient's care plan history for the last 12 months in HPOS. It’s recorded against their Medicare record.
A guide to help health professionals submit Medicare bulk bill claims electronically for real time assessment through HPOS.
You can use the AIR site through HPOS to record immunisation details. You can also view and print immunisation histories, request reports, and update your contact details.
A guide to help health professionals manage claims and payments for Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) programs through HPOS.
A guide to help health professionals create, submit and review claims for the Midwife Professional Indemnity Scheme (MPIS) using HPOS.
A guide to help health professionals complete and submit medical forms in HPOS to update patient Centrelink record.
A guide to help overseas trained doctors track their scaling details and view location 19AB exemption details in HPOS.
A guide to help prescribers use HPOS to access a report listing medicines supplied to your patient in the last 3 months.
Page last updated: 1 July 2020
This information was printed 11 August 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/organisations/health-professionals/services/medicare/hpos/services. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.