Aged Care Funding Instrument
The Aged Care Funding Instrument (ACFI) is the classification instrument used to pay subsidies to residential aged care services.
About the ACFI
Watch a video to learn about the ACFI.
ACFI rates and Answer Appraisal Pack
You can download the Department of Health’s:
- Schedule of subsidies and supplements to view the aged care rates of payment
- ACFI Answer Appraisal Pack.
Submitting an ACFI
There are 2 ways to send ACFI applications:
- through the Aged Care Provider Portal
- post the ACFI Application for Classification form (AC001) to:
Aged Care Payments team
GPO Box 9923
Sydney NSW 2001
Get the benefits of online claiming:
- submit the ACFI instantly through the B2G and Web Form channels
- we let you know that day when we get your ACFI application
- ACFI funding starts from the date we get the AC001 form
- more accurate data and payments.
To register for Aged Care Online Claiming you must complete either:
- the Register or amend for Aged Care Online Claiming using File Upload or Business to Business form for residential providers
- the Register, amend or remove users for Aged Care Provider Portal form for residential, home care and flexible care providers.
Page last updated: 23 November 2020
This information was printed 26 November 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/organisations/health-professionals/services/aged-care-funding-instrument. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.