New MBS telehealth items for the coronavirus
13 March 2020
Use the item numbers if you provide phone and video services to patients affected by the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Use these new items to claim for services you provide to patients by:
- video conferencing
- phone attendance.
The new MBS items include a COVID-19 pathology test and telehealth services for:
- general attendances
- health assessments
- chronic disease management and team care arrangements
- early interventions for children with autism, pervasive developmental disorder or disability
- mental health treatment and planning
- eating disorder treatment and management
- focussed psychological strategies
- pregnancy support counselling
- antenatal and postnatal attendances.
You can claim the new items with existing bulk bill incentive items. You can find the MBS item numbers for COVID-19 at MBS Online.
You can’t use these item numbers for services you provided before 13 March 2020.
- Read Health’s factsheet on COVID-19
- Read more Coronavirus information for health professionals
- Read more news for health professionals.
We’ve improved Medicare online accounts for your patients.
Know what to do and how we can help if you have a data breach.
Page last updated: 30 March 2020
This information was printed 26 May 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/organisations/health-professionals/news/new-mbs-telehealth-items-coronavirus. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.