Mandatory reporting for COVID-19 and Influenza vaccinations
17 March 2021
It’s mandatory to report COVID-19 and flu vaccinations to the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR).
Changes to AIR legislation now require vaccination providers to report all COVID-19 and influenza vaccinations to the AIR.
To help you report vaccinations, we’ve updated the AIR site to:
- be optimised for mobile devices
- record your HPI-I or HPI-O number
- include new COVID-19 and flu vaccine codes
- track vaccines through new ‘Vaccine batch number’ and ‘Vaccine serial number’ fields.
When you give a COVID-19 or flu vaccination, it’s important to record it on the AIR within 24 hours of service or up to 10 business days after it’s administered.
Read more about:
- How to record vaccinations on the AIR
- How to set up access to the AIR
- News for health professionals.
Page last updated: 28 May 2021
This information was printed 3 June 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/organisations/health-professionals/news/mandatory-reporting-covid-19-and-influenza-vaccinations. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.