It’s time to check your diagnostic imaging equipment list
27 February 2020
You must check your equipment details are up-to-date with us before 1 May 2020 so you can keep getting Medicare benefits.
There are eligibility changes coming from 1 May to improve the quality and safety of diagnostic imaging equipment and services.
You can get your practice ready now by:
- checking your equipment doesn’t exceed its effective life age or maximum extended life
- confirming your equipment is up-to-date and listed correctly on the Location Specific Provider Number Register.
To update your LSPN record complete the Register for or amend a Location Specific Practice Number form. All the details you need are on the form. You can contact us for help if you need to.
- Read more about the Capital Sensitivity measure on the Department of Health website.
- Read more about Medicare eligibility to provide diagnostic imaging and radiation oncology services
- Read more News for health professionals.
Read the INU to stay up to date with the Practice Incentives Program (PIP) and the Workforce Incentive Program (WIP) – Practice Stream.
Know what to do and how we can help if you have a data breach.
Page last updated: 6 May 2020
This information was printed 12 August 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/organisations/health-professionals/news/its-time-check-your-diagnostic-imaging-equipment-list. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.