Stopping Parental Leave Pay
We may ask you to stop providing Parental Leave Pay.
We ask you to stop when your employee:
- has finished their Paid Parental Leave period and any connected Flexible Paid Parental Leave days
- is transferring some of their Parental Leave Pay to another primary carer
- has returned to work, except for certain reasons including stillbirth or infant death
- has used more than 10 keeping in touch days before the end of their continuous block of Parental Leave Pay
- stops being your employee
- gets an income support payment from us
- is no longer eligible for Parental Leave Pay.
Page last updated: 13 October 2020
This information was printed 23 October 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/organisations/business/services/centrelink/paid-parental-leave-scheme-employers/how-manage-your-role-scheme/stopping-parental-leave-pay. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.