Practice Incentives Program (PIP) statistics
Please note the layout and accessibility of the PIP and Service Incentive Payment (SIP) Statistical data has changed. All data is now accessible via the one page by clicking on the appropriate links provided below.
PIP statistical data
For statistical information on PIP practices by Primary Health Network (PHN) go to Practice Incentives Program Data on the Department of Health website.
The PIP statistics are available for:
- Standardised Whole Patient Equivalent coverage - national figure
- Standardised Whole Patient Equivalent coverage - historical
- Practice coverage
- Practice coverage - historical
- Teaching Chart
- Quality Prescribing Incentive chart
- Practices that are classified as rural or remote under the Rural Remote and Metropolitan Area (RRMA) classification
- Standardised Whole Patient Equivalent by Rural, Remote and Metropolitan Area
- Practice nurses - Rural, Remote and Metropolitan Area
- Practice nurses multi sign-ons
- Practice nurses by practice size.
Service Incentive Payment
The Service Incentive Payment statistics are available for:
- the total number of SIP calculated from November 2001 to date
- the number of practices Signed On from November 2001 to date
- PIP participation by practice
- PIP participation by practice patient coverage
- PIP Asthma for Provider participation by State Divisions
- PIP Asthma coverage for Rural, Remote and Metropolitan Area
- PIP Cervical Screening for provider participation by State Divisions
- PIP Cervical Screening coverage by Rural, Remote and Metropolitan Area
- PIP Diabetes for Provider participation by state divisions
- PIP Diabetes coverage by Rural, Remote and Metropolitan Area.
General Practice Statistics Reports
Use this form to produce General Practice statistics from Medicare, Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) or the PIP for a particular geographical area.
Page last updated: 1 October 2019
This information was printed 28 November 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/organisations/about-us/statistical-information-and-data/medicare-statistics/practice-incentives-program-pip-statistics. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.