Protocol for Lightweight Authentication of Identity (PLAID)
The PLAID protocol is cryptographically stronger, faster and more private, than most or all equivalent protocols currently available either commercially or via existing standards.
Department of Defence Reference Implementation
PLAID Reference Implementation - Department of Defence draft version 1.0.0 is available for download
Services Australia Reference Implementation
PLAID Reference Implementation - Services Australia version 8.04 is available for download.
The Protocol for Lightweight Authentication of Identity (PLAID) smartcard authentication protocol:
- provides access to public PLAID protocol information, activities and standards
- explains Services Australia's role and policy to industry and government domestically and internationally
- ensures that the Australian Commonwealth Intellectual Property is clearly defined and publicly available
- assists industry and governments in the commercialisation of PLAID through development of a COTS (commercial, off the shelf) product.
To get started:
- Read more about PLAID
- Learn about the licence terms
- Download the technical specifications
- Download the Services Australia reference implementation
- Download the Department of Defence reference implementation.
Page last updated: 9 February 2021
This information was printed 17 June 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/organisations/about-us/corporate-publications-and-resources/protocol-lightweight-authentication-identity-plaid. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.