Data analytics and service improvement privacy notice
What we collect
We collect information about how you use our online services. This includes:
- Internet Protocol (IP) address
- browser and operating system, for example whether you use Internet Explorer or Chrome, Windows or iOS
- screen size and orientation
- mouse clicks and areas your mouse hovered over
- fields you’ve entered information into
- how long it took to do certain tasks
- how you move through pages.
We collect this information to help us improve the services we deliver.
How we use this information
We use this information to:
- find out when our systems aren’t working as expected
- understand user needs and what’s hard to use on our online services and applications
- learn where we can streamline services
- cater for different types of browsers and devices you use
- develop relevant help information
- improve our ability to assist people who call us for help.
Authorised staff can playback your interactions. We use this information to learn how you use our digital channels.
We know a session is yours if you either:
- tell us about it during a phone call
- sign in to your online account.
Your information stays confidential. We don’t give it to anyone unless they're an authorised staff member or it’s required by law.
We remove information that might identify an individual before it’s stored.
We destroy information in accordance with Australian law. We destroy:
- replayable website interactions after 7 days
- data such as clicks and searches after 30 days
- summary reports on event data after 500 days.
How we use Google Analytics on myGov Beta
We deliver myGov and myGov Beta on behalf of the Australian Government.
myGov Beta is a trial website with limited functionality that we use to test new features. myGov Beta uses Google Analytics 360 (GA). You can read more about collection of your personal information at myGov Beta Privacy.
Page last updated: 16 October 2020
This information was printed 1 December 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/organisations/about-us/corporate-publications-and-resources/privacy-policy/data-analytics-and-service-improvement-privacy-notice. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.