on this page
The Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) subsidises treatment with pembrolizumab under the National Health Act 1953, section 100 - Efficient funding of chemotherapy for patients with relapsed or refractory mediastinal B-Cell lymphoma.
Patients must be eligible for the PBS and meet the relevant restriction criteria.
The Schedule of Pharmaceutical Benefits on the PBS website outlines restrictions for prescribing pembrolizumab.
Section 100 EFC arrangements
This item is only PBS subsidised for day admitted patients, non-admitted patients, or patients on discharge who are attending either:
- an approved private hospital
- a public participating hospital
- a public hospital.
This item is not PBS subsidised for public hospital in-patients.
Applying for initial treatment
Apply for initial authority approval to prescribe PBS subsidised pembrolizumab to treat relapsed or refractory mediastinal B-Cell lymphoma in writing and either:
All written applications must include the completed:
- authority prescription form or forms
- Relapsed or refractory mediastinal B-Cell lymphoma - pembrolizumab initial authority application form
- relevant attachments.
Applications for continuing authority approval to prescribe PBS subsidised pembrolizumab to treat relapsed or refractory mediastinal B-Cell lymphoma can be made either:
- in real time using the Online PBS Authorities system
- by calling the PBS Complex Drugs Programs enquiry line.
Call the PBS Complex Drugs Programs enquiry line for further information.