Trust reviews

We check you have reported the income you get from trusts correctly.

We may get information from the Australian Taxation Office that you are a part of a Trust. If we do, we’ll send you a letter, asking you to contact us to confirm or update your information. When you contact us, we’ll discuss your individual circumstances with you, and tell you what additional information you may need to provide.

What details do we need

We’ll need the following details from you:

You may also need to provide additional information if:

  • your income has changed since your last income tax return, or
  • you have not completed your latest income tax return or a Trust/Company Profit and Loss Statement.

Depending on your circumstances, we may ask you to also send us:

How to submit documents

You can submit documents:

  • online using the document lodgement service in your Centrelink online account or the Express Plus Centrelink app
  • sending them to us through mail or fax
  • by visiting a service centre.

Page last updated: 16 September 2019