What happens to my existing payment or card

There are things you need to do to keep getting an existing payment or to replace a card.

Update your details with us

If your details or circumstances change, tell us as soon as you can. This can include things like a temporary change of address.

You can do much of this online using:

You can also tell us about changes to your circumstances by:

Child Support

If you have a child support assessment and your situation has changed, call us so we can update your details. This includes if your income or care of your children has changed. This is important so we can make sure your assessment is correct. You can update your details using the Express Plus Child Support mobile app or call 131 272.

Job seekers

We’ve helped job seekers in bushfire affected areas continue to get their payment. This included voluntary firefighters.

We’ve made changes to mutual obligation requirements due to both:

  • the bushfires
  • coronavirus (COVID-19).

Mutual obligation requirements are currently suspended for all job seekers. We’ll let you know when they start again.

Debt recovery

We’ve paused debt and compliance activities for people living in Local Government Areas (LGA) affected by the recent bushfires. This pause is in place in all LGAs where a major disaster has been declared by the Australian Government.

If you have a payment arrangement in place, it will continue unless you request a review due to your personal circumstances. If you’re suffering hardship call us on 1800 076 072 to discuss your options.

Find the bushfire affected areas declared a disaster in your state.

Access to medicines

If you can’t see a doctor to get a prescription, you can discuss your options with a pharmacist.

Just make sure to bring anything that documents what medicines you take, for example a medicine pack.

If you don’t have your concession cards available, your pharmacist can call PBS general enquiries for assistance.

For more information go to the Department of Health website.

Replace a lost card

You can request a replacement concession, or health care card.

You can use the self service facilities to order a replacement card at a:

You can also replace your Medicare card or get an extra card.

You can report a lost or stolen Cashless Debit Card to Indue Ltd on 1800 710 265.

You can also get a digital copy of your card through the Express Plus Centrelink mobile app or Express Plus Medicare mobile app.

There may be some places that won’t accept a digital copy of your card. We’ll send your replacement card to the address you have registered with us. Don’t forget to update your address if it’s changed.

Cashless Debit Card

To date, the bushfires haven’t caused disruptions to Cashless Debit Card terminals in trial sites. We’ll keep monitoring this.

If you have questions or need help to access funds, call:

  • Cashless Debit Card Hotline on 1800 252 604
  • Indue Contact Centre on 1800 710 265.

You can talk to our staff if you don’t have access to a phone. You can do this at a service centre.

You can request a replacement Cashless Debit Card using the self service facilities at a service centre, Agent or Access Point.

Page last updated: 29 May 2020