How Victorians can access payments and services during coronavirus (COVID-19)

If you live in Victoria, the way you access our payments and services is different. You can do most of your business online.

Visiting service centres in Victoria

There are extra restrictions if you live in Victoria. There are strict limits on the number of staff and customers we can have in our service centres. Service centres remain open for the most vulnerable in our community and only if it’s absolutely essential.

If you visit a service centre and can do your business online or by phone, we may ask you to leave.

If you're feeling unwell, or need to isolate yourself at home, do not visit our service centres. The health and safety of our customers and staff is a top priority for us.

If you do need to visit a service centre, you must wear a mask or face covering. You won’t be allowed into a service centre without one. Children under 12 years of age don’t need to wear one.

Our service centres may have different opening and closing times. Please check customer service changes before you visit.

Accessing payments

Check to see what payments you may be eligible for first by using our Payment guide.

The quickest and easiest way to start a claim is online or over the phone. You can do this using our online services. This can include either, your:

To claim the Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment, call us on 180 22 66. The line is open 8 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday AEST.

Read more about who can get it.

If you’re already getting a payment you can use our self service options to do all of the following online:

  • report your income
  • upload documents
  • tell us about a change in your circumstances.

If you’re unable to use online services, you can call us on your main payment line for assistance. You can also ask to speak with one of our social workers.

Meeting mutual obligation requirements

In Victoria, you need to meet the mutual obligation requirements that were introduced in June 2020. You should engage with your employment services provider online or over the phone. There are no suspensions or penalties if you can’t. We’ll let you know when this changes.

Using child care

If you live in Victoria and are permitted to use child care, nothing will change. Your Child Care Subsidy (CCS) will continue to be paid based on your circumstances. You may need to pay a gap fee directly to your service.

If your child is absent from child care in Victoria, you can now get CCS for 30 extra absences per child. This means, you can get up to 72 absences for the 2020-21 financial year.

You may not have to pay a gap fee if your child can’t attend care because your child care service is:

  • temporarily closed due to public health advice
  • located in a restricted area.

You should talk to your service about your payments if this happens.

Keeping up to date on restrictions in Victoria

You can read updates to coronavirus restrictions in Victoria on the Health and Human Services website.

Page last updated: 21 August 2020