If you get a payment

If you’re an existing customer, read about changes to our payments and services due to coronavirus (COVID-19).

Financial help

As changes are rolling out to our payments and services, the amount you can get may change. If you’re already getting a payment from us, you might get some extra help from Coronavirus Supplement payment. You don’t need to claim anything. We’ll assess if you’re eligible.

If you get an eligible payment or have an eligible concession card, you may get 2 Economic Support Payments from December 2020 and March 2021. If you’re eligible, and claim Family Tax Benefit as a lump sum, you’ll get the payments with your lump sum amount.

Generally, if you get the Coronavirus Supplement, you won’t get the Economic Support Payment.

We also have short-term help available if you meet the eligibility rules.

You may get Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment if you’re located in one of these states and need to quarantine or self-isolate:

  • New South Wales
  • Queensland
  • South Australia
  • Tasmania
  • Victoria
  • Western Australia.

You may get the Crisis Payment – National Health Emergency (COVID-19) payment for severe hardship due to extreme circumstances.

Upcoming changes

There are changes due to COVID-19. Read more about the types of changes coming up if you’re a job seeker, parent or student, or you’re overseas.

Page last updated: 19 November 2020