What other help is available
We have a range of tools, information and services to help you manage your payment or get extra support.
This includes information about:
- the Student Start-up Loan
- getting an advance payment
- weekly payment options
- concession or health care cards to get cheaper health services and medicines
- the Payment and Service Finder to find out what payments and services you might be eligible for
- paying your bills with Centrepay
- tips to manage your money.
It also includes information about:
- help available if your bank account is overdrawn
- owing us money
- vocational education and training - VET Student Loans
- help with speaking, reading, writing or maths.
You may get part of your income support payment or Family Tax Benefit (Part A) early. This is an advance payment. You pay it back later out of your payments from us.
Some people can get income support payments paid each week instead of each fortnight.
An online tool to see what payments and services you may be eligible for.
Page last updated: 6 October 2020
This information was printed 25 February 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/youth-allowance-students-and-australian-apprentices/what-other-help-available. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.