What other help is available
We have a range of other information and services to help you manage your payment or get extra support.
- information about jobactive
- information about Skills for Education and Employment
- information about paying tax on a Centrelink payment
- tips about how to manage your money
- information if your bank account is overdrawn
- paying your bills with Centrepay
- information about owing us money
- information about how veteran payment and compensation can affect your payment.
Help to find jobs in remote areas
If you live in a remote area the Community Development Program can help you:
- contribute to your community
- gain skills and training while you look for work.
Read about the Community Development Program on the National Indigenous Australians Agency website.
New Business Assistance with New Enterprise Incentive Scheme (NEIS)
New Business Assistance with NEIS can help you start your own small business. It includes personalised support to help you become a self-employed business owner. If you get an income support payment, you may get NEIS allowance instead for up to the first 39 weeks. Read more about New Business Assistance with NEIS on the Department of Education, Skills and Employment website.
jobactive is a service that helps connect you with employers and find work.
The Skills for Education and Employment (SEE) program may help you improve your speaking, reading, writing or maths.
You can use our free and voluntary service to pay bills as regular deductions from your Centrelink payments.
Page last updated: 5 March 2021
This information was printed 16 June 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/youth-allowance-job-seekers/what-other-help-available. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.