Payments from another country

Australia has agreements with a number of countries to share responsibility for social security payments.

If you get Widow Allowance and we think you may get a pension or other payment from another country, we may ask you to either:

  • apply for that payment
  • show why you wouldn’t get it.

We can help you apply for a payment from another country. Read more about International Social Security Agreements.

Page last updated: 15 September 2020