Change of circumstances
We need to know about changes that could reduce or stop your Widow Allowance payment.
You must tell us if 1 or more of the following apply:
- you become part of a couple
- you change your address
- your income changes
- the value of your assets changes
- you don’t have to lodge a tax return
- your care arrangements change
- your work or study load changes.
How to tell us
You can tell us about changes at any time either:
When to report your income
To keep getting Widow Allowance you need to report your income to us either:
- every 2 weeks if you earn income from working
- every 12 weeks if you don’t earn income.
Page last updated: 9 January 2020
This information was printed 27 May 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/widow-allowance/how-manage-your-payment/change-circumstances. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.