Change of circumstances
We need to know about changes that could reduce or stop your Widow Allowance payment.
You must tell us if 1 or more of the following apply:
- you change or correct your name
- you become part of a couple
- you change your address
- your income changes
- the value of your assets changes
- you don’t have to lodge a tax return
- your care arrangements change
- your work or study load changes.
How to tell us
You can tell us about changes at any time either:
It’s important to tell us if you change your legal name.
To change or correct your legal name, we’ll need:
- an original document issued by a state or territory Births, Deaths and Marriages registry
- your consent to verify the document.
You need to bring your document to a service centre so we can update our records.
You can find your state or territory Births, deaths and marriage registry on the Australia.gov.au website.
When to report your income
To keep getting Widow Allowance you need to report your income to us either:
- every 2 weeks if you earn income from working
- every 12 weeks if you don’t earn income.
Page last updated: 6 January 2021
This information was printed 11 June 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/widow-allowance/how-manage-your-payment/change-circumstances. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.