Change of circumstances

We need to know about changes that could reduce or stop your Widow Allowance payment.

You must tell us if 1 or more of the following apply:

  • you become part of a couple
  • you change your address
  • your income changes
  • the value of your assets changes
  • you don’t have to lodge a tax return
  • your care arrangements change
  • your work or study load changes.

How to tell us

You can tell us about changes at any time either:

When to report your income

To keep getting Widow Allowance you need to report your income to us either:

  • every 2 weeks if you earn income from working
  • every 12 weeks if you don’t earn income.

Page last updated: 9 January 2020