Balancing your payment
At the end of the financial year we'll balance your family payments.
What this means
This is where we:
- the income estimate you gave us at the start of the year, and
- what your family really earned for the year
- pay you a top up if you earned less
- ask you pay back an overpayment if you earned more
Why you might need to repay Stillborn Baby Payment
You may need to pay it back if:
- you received this payment under the Family Tax Benefit Part A eligibility test, but
- at the end of the year we find you weren’t eligible for Family Tax Benefit at the time
Page last updated: 28 March 2019
This information was printed 25 May 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/stillborn-baby-payment/how-manage-your-payment/balancing-your-payment. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.