How to use it
The funds of a Special Disability Trust are intended to meet the reasonable care and accommodation needs of the principal beneficiary.
The trustee is able to:
- pay for the beneficiary’s dental and medical expenses, including membership costs for private health funds
- pay the maintenance expenses of the trust-property assets
- spend up to $12,250 for the 2019/2020 financial year on discretionary items not related to the care and accommodation needs of the beneficiary. This expenditure should remain compliant with the legislative requirements of a Special Disability Trust
To find out more about Special Disability Trusts either:
- call our Special Disability Trust Team on 132 717 for the cost of a local call except from mobile and pay phones
- visit the Department of Social Services website.
We have a range of other information to help you manage your payment or get extra support.
Page last updated: 3 April 2020
This information was printed 14 May 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/special-disability-trusts/how-use-it. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.