Travel outside Australia

There are rules for when we can pay Rent Assistance when you are outside Australia

What the rules are

If you leave Australia to live in another country, your payment will stop on departure.

If you leave Australia on a temporary basis, you may continue to get Rent Assistance if you’re both:

  • getting your main payment
  • paying rent in Australia.

Read more about payments while outside Australia.

Page last updated: 13 March 2020