Change of circumstances

We need to know about changes that could reduce or stop your Partner Allowance.

You need to tell us if:

  • your circumstances change
  • children younger than 6 come into your care
  • your income changes.

How and when to tell us

The easiest way to tell us about changes is through our self service options.

You need to:

  • tell us within 14 days of the change
  • make sure your details are up to date in myGov.

It’s never too late to report a change.

When you don’t tell us

If you don’t tell us about changes in your life, we may pay you too much. If this happens, you’ll have to pay the money back plus a fee.

If you don’t tell us about changes on purpose, we could charge you with fraud.

Read about how to avoid committing fraud.

Page last updated: 29 May 2019