Activities that don’t count as work
Some activities won’t count as part of the work test.
Work doesn’t include any of the following:
- unpaid work, including volunteer work
- unpaid leave, including unpaid maternity leave
- income support programs that include a work component
- study through a scholarship or other award of financial aid
- paid out leave entitlements
- state and territory COVID-19 payments
- Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment paid by Services Australia.
Page last updated: 12 October 2021
This information was printed 12 October 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/parental-leave-pay/who-can-get-it/meeting-work-test/activities-dont-count-work. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.