Check on your business when you’re self employed
You can perform occasional tasks to check on your business or to ensure it stays operational. This is only when you need to for the period you’re on leave.
For example, you could do any of the following:
- pay an account
- check on the delivery of an order
- approve the business accounts
- deal with ad hoc disputes
- organise a repair
- organise replacement staff to manage your absence
- maintain a basic level of contact with clients
- keep your professional skills up to date.
You can’t do the following before the end of your Paid Parental Leave period:
- actively run your business
- maintain the daily operations of your business.
If you do, we’ll consider you have returned to work.
Page last updated: 18 December 2019
This information was printed 10 July 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/parental-leave-pay/how-your-payments-are-impacted/check-your-business-when-youre-self-employed. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.