Telling us about a change of circumstances
You need to tell us if your circumstances change when you get Parental Leave Pay.
What to tell us
You need to tell us if any of the following things change:
- you return to work or are no longer employed
- you have worked or are planning to work on a day you want to access Flexible Paid Parental Leave
- you're no longer your child’s primary carer
- you change or correct your name
your personal and contact details
you're leaving the country, temporarily or to live somewhere else.
You need to tell us about a change in your circumstances straight away. For some changes, if you don’t, we may pay you too much. This means you’ll have a debt you need to pay back.
If we haven't assessed your claim yet, call the Families line.
It’s important to tell us if you change your legal name.
To change or correct your legal name, we’ll need:
- an original document issued by a state or territory Births, Deaths and Marriages registry
- your consent to verify the document.
You need to bring your document to a service centre so we can update our records.
You can find your state or territory Births, deaths and marriage registry on the Australia.gov.au website.
Page last updated: 6 January 2021
This information was printed 25 February 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/parental-leave-pay/how-manage-your-payment/telling-us-about-change-circumstances. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.