Change of circumstances
You need to tell us if your circumstances change when you get Newborn Upfront Payment and Newborn Supplement.
What to tell us
You need to tell us if any of the following happens:
- you change your address
- your relationship status changes, for example if you become partnered or separate
- your or your partner’s income changes
- you don't have to lodge a tax return
- your child leaves your care.
You also need to tell us if any of the following happens:
You need to tell us about a change in your circumstances within 14 days. If you don’t, we may pay you too much and you may have to pay back the money.
How to tell us
You can tell us about a change to your circumstances using one of these self service options:
- your Centrelink online account through myGov
- the Express Plus Centrelink mobile app
- Centrelink phone self service.
Read more about what you can do using self service.
If you don’t have access to a self service option please call the families line.
Page last updated: 11 December 2019
This information was printed 11 August 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/newborn-upfront-payment-and-newborn-supplement/how-manage-your-payment/change-circumstances. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.