Change of circumstances
We need to know about changes that could reduce or stop your Mobility Allowance payment.
What to tell us
You must tell us if any of the following happen:
- your personal circumstances change
- you change address
- your bank details change
- your work status changes
- your study changes, including any changes to your study load
- you stop looking for work with your Employment Services Provider
- your accommodation details change - use the accommodation details form to do this
- you’re leaving the country, temporarily or to live somewhere else.
If you get an approved National Disability Insurance Scheme plan, you won’t be eligible for Mobility Allowance anymore. If your Mobility Allowance doesn’t stop, you need to tell us.
You have 14 days to tell us about any changes. If you don’t do this, we may pay you too much and you’ll have to pay the money back.
If you deliberately don’t tell us about changes, we could charge you with fraud. We may impose a recovery fee if you give us incorrect information about your employment income.
How to tell us
You can tell us about a change to your circumstances using one of these self service options:
- your Centrelink online account through myGov
- the Express Plus Centrelink mobile app
- Centrelink phone self service.
Read more about what you can do using self service.
If you don’t have access to a self service option please call the people with disability line.
Page last updated: 20 March 2020
This information was printed 24 November 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/mobility-allowance/how-manage-your-payment/change-circumstances. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.