Change of circumstances

We need to know about changes that could reduce or stop your Mobility Allowance payment.

What to tell us

You must tell us if any of the following happen:

  • your personal circumstances change
  • you change address
  • your bank details change
  • your work status changes
  • your study changes, including any changes to your study load 
  • you stop looking for work with your Employment Services Provider
  • your accommodation details change - use the accommodation details form to do this
  • you’re leaving the country, temporarily or to live somewhere else.

If you get an approved National Disability Insurance Scheme plan, you won’t be eligible for Mobility Allowance anymore. If your Mobility Allowance doesn’t stop, you need to tell us.

You have 14 days to tell us about any changes. If you don’t do this, we may pay you too much and you’ll have to pay the money back.

If you deliberately don’t tell us about changes, we could charge you with fraud. We may impose a recovery fee if you give us incorrect information about your employment income.

How to tell us

You can tell us about a change to your circumstances using one of these self service options:

Read more about what you can do using self service.

If you don’t have access to a self service option please call the people with disability line.

Page last updated: 20 March 2020