What other services are available

We have other services to help you manage your JobSeeker Payment or get extra support.

Payment options

Advance payment

You may get part of your income support early. This is an advance. You pay it back out of your payments from us.

Read more about advance payment.

Weekly payment option

Some people get income support payments each week instead of each fortnight.

Read more about weekly payments.

Manage your money

We’ve got advice and tools to help you budget your money and manage debt.

Read about how to manage your money.

Owing money

If you owe us money, you'll need to pay us back.

Read more about owing money and how to avoid a debt.

Supporting services

Financial Information Services

This is a free service to teach you about money matters.

Read more about the Financial Information Service.

Help from social workers

If you’re going through a hard time, our social workers can help you. They can link you to other supports and services.

Read more about social workers.

Community engagement officers

Our community engagement officers can help you access information, payments and services. They visit local drop-in centres, hostels, refuges, mental health centres and other locations.

They can help with your income support payment and connect you with other support services you may need.

Read more about community engagement officers.

jobactive - helping you get work

jobactive is a service that helps connect you with employers and find work.

Read about jobactive on their website.

Skills for Education and Employment

This program may help you improve your speaking, reading, writing or maths skills. Read about the Department of Education, Skills and Employment Skills for Education and Employment program.

Disability Employment Services

Disability Employment Services (DES) can help you find and keep a job if you have disability, illness or injury. If you’re looking for work, a DES provider can help with job search, writing a resume and interview skills. If you have a job, a DES provider can help with training, support, workplace adjustments and Auslan at work.

They also run a free program, Work Assist. This program can help if you’re at risk of losing your job due to your medical condition. You don’t need to be getting a payment from us to access the service.

Read more about these programs on the JobAccess website.

Multicultural services

Our multicultural service officers can help migrant and refugee communities connect with our services. Call and talk to someone in your language.

Read more about multicultural service officers.

Support for Indigenous Australians

Support is available to help Indigenous Australians access government payments and services.

For help with any of your payments, call the Indigenous services line.

Read more about support for Indigenous Australians.

Page last updated: 4 May 2020