What other help is available
We have a range of other tools, information and services to help you manage your payment or get extra support.
- information about advance payments
- information about weekly payment options
- tips about how to manage your money
- information about owing us money
- information about help to get work with jobactive
- information about Skills for Education and Employment
- information about Disability Employment Services.
We also have support services, including:
- Financial Information Services to teach you about money matters
- help from social workers if you’re going through a hard time
- community engagement officers to help you access information, payments and services
- multicultural service officers to help migrant and refugee communities connect with our services
- help for Indigenous Australians to access government payments and services.
Help to find jobs in remote areas
If you live in a remote area the Community Development Program can help you:
- contribute to your community
- gain skills and training while you look for work.
Read about the Community Development Program on the National Indigenous Australians Agency website.
New Business Assistance with New Enterprise Incentive Scheme (NEIS)
New Business Assistance with NEIS can help you start your own small business. It includes personalised support to help you become a self-employed business owner. If you get an income support payment, you may get NEIS allowance instead for up to the first 39 weeks. Read more about New Business Assistance with NEIS on the Department of Education, Skills and Employment website.
You may get part of your income support payment or Family Tax Benefit (Part A) early. This is an advance payment. You pay it back later out of your payments from us.
Some people can get income support payments paid each week instead of each fortnight.
jobactive is a service that helps connect you with employers and find work.
The Skills for Education and Employment (SEE) program may help you improve your speaking, reading, writing or maths.
Page last updated: 24 September 2020
This information was printed 18 January 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/jobseeker-payment/what-other-help-available. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.